Friday, June 30, 2017

Time Well Spent

To start off my final blog for my master's I would like to say thank you. This was an interesting journey for me. I would like to thank Dr. Embree for all her hard work for me and the class. Over nine months ago I found that I was pregnant and that the baby was due during the time I would be taking my master's capstone. I decided to put of my capstone course for eight weeks so I could have my baby boy and get my brain kind-of back on track so I could finish strong. Due the month of April our family suffered a tragic loss. My mother-in-law and nephew were hiking in the Grand Canyon and lost their footing and drowned. This has been a very rough time for my family. My three girls were very close to her and they struggle everyday without her. I did not realize how much I have build a positive relationship and loving relationship with her until she is gone. The reason I mention this to you all is because this class has not been easy for me. I was trying to find a way just to write the paper and not interact with the class before class started. I am glad this did not happened because I enjoyed interacting with all and learning about your passions. I found reading and interacting with you help me stay the course so again I would like to say thank you very much. My project evolved as I was working on it and learning from you and Dr. Embree. Because of the state of mind I was in before the course started I was not sure this paper could come together like it did. My long term goals have changed because of my loss. I still want to have a preschool but it will be put off because my family needs me more the starting a new business. Right now my focus is on volunteering at my children's school and helping them succed in school. My baby boy will never know his grandmother but i must create a world of memories for his sister's I will use my education to help my children and the children I work with at the school. Because of this project I will be talking to a few individuals who have built an therapy business in Colorado because they can help me see if it is possible to have them start building a business like this in our community to help with early intervention and intervention. My future was to work on my doctorate but know I am not sure I can accomplish it emotionally. I would like to thank everyone for your support and comments they did help with my project.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Charissa
    I am sorry for your loss but find it admirable that you found the strength to fight to the end. This last course was the most challenging for me but I am grateful for the journey and all I have learned. Don't give up on your dreams of getting your doctorate you will know when the timing is right for you. Congrats on the birth of your son and for your completion of this program. I wish you the best and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
    Cherica Doss

    ReplyDelete